Beginning a New Math Project – The Pizza Shop!

Today we will begin a new math project – The Pizza Shop.  We’ll be doing  a lot of work with decimals, fractions, money, volume and mass.  Did you think that pizza could involve so much math?!

Watch the video below to get your mind on the subject!

Imagine that you are about to open your own pizza shop.  What would you need to know in order to  figure out how much money you will make from selling your pizza?  Reply to this post with your ideas.

5 thoughts on “Beginning a New Math Project – The Pizza Shop!

1. you would need to know the cost of ingerdence. You would have to pay the employ. You would need to know how much the pizza would cost. How much it would cost for the store or the place to have the shop. If I were to have a pizza shop it would be right beside my house. I would sell my pizza for one hundred dollars for a pizza and i would get it for free.

2. I would need to know how much dough I need to buy so that I will not run out of stuff. To make a pizza you need strong white bread flour. If I was going to make a pizza shop I would make it up north in a restaurant because I like it up north and the restaurant would be called Logan’s Pizza Shop. I would need to know the prices of the pizza’s that i am selling an the cost of ingredients.

3. I would open a pizza shop down town somewhere because I know there would be a lot of people. I would have to pay for the ingredients, the toppings for the pizza, the business and the electrical. I would have to pay my worker. I would need to make change for people. I would sell a large pizza would cost $15.00 and you could put anything on the pizza. For my company every month I would do a draw to win 10 free pizzas and my employees if they work hard I will give them good time off for vacations and holidays and to see families. They can also get free pizza sometimes.