Judging A Book By It’s Cover and Trailer

This week we are beginning a new read aloud adventure! Wendell the World’s Worst Wizard by J.C. Spencer.

wendell

Look at the front cover and watch the book trailer below.  Do you think you can judge a book by it’s cover? Reply to this post with your predictions about this story.  What do you think will happen? What do you think the book’s themes will be? What connections do you think you’ll be able to make? Remember to explain the reasoning behind your predictions.

Once you have made your predictions visit Mr. Braman’s class blog and read his students’ predictions. How do they compare to your own?
http://kidblog.org/braman5/tag/wendell/

5 thoughts on “Judging A Book By It’s Cover and Trailer

1. I think Wendell the World’s worst wizard will save the world with his robots. I think the theme of this book is a wizard and robot book. On the cover there is a robot dragon and in the trailer there are robots.

2. I think that Wendell is in a fantasy or a dream. why i think that because he said that he was going to save some one.he also said that he could make robots and he is 13. what 13 year old can make robots? in the video there where bullys and so if he can make robots why doesint he just use one of his robots to make them stop.

3. I think Wendell will get magic. Maybe he makes a robot that will give him magic and he will be the best wizard. I think this because the trailer said that he likes to make robots and people always bully him. So maybe the robot will give him magic so that he makes the bully nice. The connections that i will have is that the book Wendell the worst wizard is like The bully book because Wendell is getting bullyed and Eric gets bullyed in the bully book.

4. i think that Wendell can be the Worst Wizard in the World. He is good at making robots. he could have a day being used for is dad. I would not like it if my dad called me wendell.

5. I think that Wendell will be successful with his robots.
    I think that he will get his magic back but he won’t use it.
    In the book I think he will get bullyed by the bully boy’s.
    In the book he won’t be a hero.
    I think he will be make a lot of money